HTML <aside> Tag
The <aside> is one of the HTML5 elements added to define a section with additional information related to the content around the aside element. It is generally used to enhance an article with additional information or highlighting parts that can be interesting to the user. Content in aside is a stand-alone, non-essential part of the web page, and if you delete it, the main content will not be affected.
Endnotes comments, reference information, lists of terms, a collection of links, pull-quotes, etc. are a kind of information that can appear in the <aside> element.
Do not confuse the <aside> element with sidebar. The sidebar is just a visual element, and the <aside> tag doesn’t systematically look like a sidebar.
The <aside> tag comes in pairs, which means that the content is written between the opening (<aside>) and the closing (</aside>) tags.
<html> <head> <title>Title of the document</title> </head> <body> <p>I like watching Game of Thrones.</p> <aside> <h4>Game of Thrones</h4> <p>Game of Thrones is an American fantasy drama television series created by David Benioff and D. B. Weiss. It is an adaptation of A Song of Ice and Fire, George R. R. Martin's series of fantasy novels</p> </aside> </body> </html>
How to style <strong> tag
Common properties to alter the visual weight/emphasis/size of text in <strong> tag:?
- CSS font-style property sets the style of the font. normal | italic | oblique | initial | inherit
- CSS font-family property specifies a prioritized list of one or more font family names and/or generic family names for the selected element.
- CSS font-size property sets the size of the font.
- CSS font-weight property defines whether the font should be bold or thick. CSS text-transform Property controls text case and capitalization.
- CSS text-decoration property specifies the decoration added to text, and is a shorthand property for text-decoration-line, text-decoration-color, text-decoration-style
Coloring text in <strong> tag:
- CSS color property describes the color of the text content and text decorations
- CSS background-color property sets the background color of an element.
Text layout styles for <strong> tag:
- CSS text-indent property specifies the indentation of the first line in a text block.
- CSS text-overflow property specifies how overflowed content that is not displayed should be signaled to the user.
- CSS white-space property specifies how white-space inside an element is handled.
- CSS word-break property specifies where the lines should be broken.
Other properties worth looking at for <strong> tag
- CSS text-shadow property adds shadow to text.
- CSS text-align-last property sets the alignment of the last line of the text.
- CSS line-height property specifies the height of a line.
- CSS letter-spacing property defines the spaces between letters/characters in a text.
- CSS word-spacing property: Allow setting the spacing between words.