What's in the course?
This course is obviously packed with content - I therefore strongly recommend that you check out the full course curriculum to get a clear idea of all the topics covered in the course. In general, here's what you'll find in the course:
- ALL the Basics: Variables, constants, functions, how scripts are loaded etc
- Arrays & Objects: We'll explore these very important data structures in great detail
- Control Structures: Understand how to run code conditionally and in loops
- Classes & Object-oriented Programming: Learn how to work with classes, prototypes, the "this" keyword, constructor functions and much more
- Asynchronous and Synchronous Programming: We'll explore callbacks, promises, async/ await and other important tools and language features to execute code correctly
- Tooling, Optimizations & Browser Support: Code splitting, producing small code and ensuring that scripts work in all browsers - this matters and hence is covered in great detail
- Libraries & Frameworks: Learn about libraries like Axios or frameworks like React.js - why they matter and how to use them
- Node.js: Whilst focusing on the browser-side for the majority of the course (because the syntax is the same), we'll also have a dedicated section on Node.js to learn all about that JS host environment
- Security & Performance Optimizations: Of course security matters, so does performance - no surprise that both is covered in the course!
- Automated Testing: Testing manually is hard work and can be unreliable - in this course you'll also get an introduction into automated testing
Who this course is for: