Algorithms are a complex, yet vital part of programming and of being a developer!
Being able to come up with algorithms (= being able to solve problems) is extremely important, not only for interviews but also in general to grow as a developer.
But diving into algorithms and finding the best possible solution for a given problem can be a daunting task.
And even once you have found a solution, it might not be the best one.
This course helps you with all of that!
You will learn what algorithms are, which kinds of algorithms you may find out there and most importantly, you will learn how to derive algorithms and how to judge as well as compare them!
We will dive into this complex topic step by step and by the end of the course, you will have a very strong foundation and all the core fundamental concepts you need to build and optimize your own algorithms for any problem out there!
This course introduces you to algorithms all related important concepts step by step.
In detail, you will learn:
- What algorithms are
- Why algorithms are important
- How to judge and compare algorithms
- All about "Time Complexity", "Space Complexity" and the "Big O" notation
- Different time complexities and how to derive them
- How to use recursion with algorithms
- Optimization approaches like "Dynamic Programming"
- All core concepts you need for math, search, sorting and sets/ array algorithms
- Different kinds of solving problems (e.g. greedy approaches, dynamic approaches)
By the end of the course, you will have a very solid foundation and a plan on how to tackle any problem and find a fitting algorithm! You will be well-prepared to dive deeper and explore more problems and algorithms.
The different concepts are taught step by step with small, focused code examples and all building blocks being visualized on slides to make understanding them as easy as possible!
This course is for you if you want to take the next step as a developer, if you want to ace interviews or if you simply want to grow as a developer.